Tuesday, September 07, 2010

I'm Ready to Match the Leaves

The Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole is complete. Photographed this Labour Day weekend, and I'm ready for fall! I have the stole to match the trees for my New York and Oregon October trips.


I've been finished with the knitting for quite some time, just haven't had the patience to knot, tie and trim the fringe. I love the knitting part, but as I've claimed before, I hate the finishing. I did find though, that trimming the large amount of fringe was made easier by using a large hardback book as an edge guide.

This was so fun to make and it's going to be great to wear. I think I might make a few more in different colors. Great to wrap around shoulders on a cool night, or to wear around your neck like a scarf.

Not sure what my next project will be, but I'm ready to start! Perhaps a little sweater for Omar...

My little love: Luke's dog Omar

3 comments:

judith said...

Very pretty! I'm trying to make a shawl for my sister-in-law and it's just not clicking.... I can't seem to find the right pattern to use with baby alpaca.

Breanne Martin said...

Yeah, I kind of want to make a more delicate, lighter shawl soon. I want to see yours once you find the right pattern. Have you tried searching Ravelry?

judith said...

I was looking in there for crochet patterns the other night. I'll have to go back in tonight to look at the patterns for knit.