Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Politics and Ravelry

I'm still knitting away at my rippled afghan. I have 2 1/2 thick stripes left to knit and then just a lot of finishing. I've been watching the coverage of the RNC, which is confirming to me more and more why I'm proud to be supporting Obama. I'm ready to get started knitting something for me to wear. I realize how long it's been since I've made something for myself that wasn't a scarf, hat, pillow or blanket. Hopefully pics of the completed blanket will be up soon and I'll get started on something fun to wear soon!

I just discovered the Ravelry site, which seems to be already pretty popular, and so fun! I just love the idea of a social networking site that is geared toward knitters and crocheters! You can do just about anything on it: keep inventory of yarn, needles and hooks, updates on projects, friends, patterns, books, groups, it's endless. I'm really excited to keep exploring it.

2 comments:

Cécile said...

Hi Breanne! I hopped over here from Ravelry. I love Ravelry. What a fabulous site! Can't say enough.

You have some lovely scarves and blankets posted here. See you around!

Ceci

Cécile said...

You are so right abut dressing up going out of fashion. I wish it was still required to dress up occasionally, or at least that more people would do it voluntarily. I guess I don't really believe in requiring people to do things a certain way, but it would be nice if more people dressed up for things like the opera, at least. Oh well. We live in a free society and that's okay.